About the Event
We are excited to provide you the opportunity to talk with college coaches and learn what dancing in college is all about! Come prepared to make a positive first impression! Look the part and act the part! Come eager to learn about college dance team opportunities and what it takes to be on a college dance team.
We have taken extra precautions for everyone’s safety this year by offering two ways to participate: in-person or virtually. In-person participants will have a venue set up to accommodate for proper social distancing. Virtual participants need to find a location to dance full-out, turn properly, and access strong Wi-Fi. Details on how to connect will come the week of the event.
Communication will occur prior to the event regarding how the pandemic, at that time, may or may not impact the combine. In the event we cannot have anyone in-person at Grand View University we will proceed with everyone participating virtually, and you will be charged or credited accordingly.
Please reach out to Andrea Dana, ISDTA Executive Director with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org | 641.204.0882
Grand View University – Charles S. Johnson Wellness Center, 1500 Morton Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50316
Agenda – November 8, 2020
|8:30 – 9:30 a.m.||Check In | Meet College Coaches | Stretch|
|9:30 – 10:00 a.m.||Technique: across the floor and turns|
|10:00 – 10:45 a.m.||Jazz Combo: instruction and performance|
|10:45 – 11:30 a.m.||Pom Combo: instruction and performance|
|11:30 – 12:15 p.m.||Hip Hop Combo: instruction and performance|
|12:15 – 12:30 p.m.||Final Interaction with Coaches | Event Conclusion|
What To Wear
(NO SPORTS BRAS worn on their own)
- Seniors and College Transfers: plain black top and black bottom
- Juniors & Sophomores: plain white top and black bottom
- Bring jazz and tennis shoes
- Dancers are expected to be responsible for being properly stretched and ready.
- An athletic trainer will be available on-site.
- Personal water bottles and hand sanitizer are to be provided by the dancer.
- This event, including meeting the college coaches is for students only…high school coaches, parents, and chaperones are encouraged to drop off and pick up their student. We are keeping the dancing area closed to only dancers and college coaches. Thank you for understanding.